PQDT Global

Welcome to the PQDT Global Forum. You are invited to help us improve ProQuest Dissertations and Theses by posting, commenting and voting on ideas.

All we require is你的名字A.professional (work) email addressthen you are ready to submit, review and vote. Our PQDT Global forum is open for all PQDT Global users.

Tips:

• For customer support or to report a bug, please visitsupport.proquest.com
  • An idea can be deleted if you’ve submitted it and no one has voted or commented on it.

我们将阅读每个帖子,虽然我们可能无法回答提交的每个想法或评论。这些信息将为我们的开发团队提供有关PQDT全球改进优先事项的有价值的投入。

• Hotideas
  • Topideas
  • Newideas
  • 我的反馈
  1. Create a summary of a dissertation or thesis for quick review

论文和论文可以是非常大而复杂的文件。我希望能够查看文档的摘要,使我能够快速审查研究,而无需阅读整件事。摘要非常短,并不用于挖掘研究的特定方面。表格列表,表是一个选项。也许是每章的“悬崖的笔记”摘要?

5 投票s
    登入
    (thinking…)
    登入with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as(登出)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Dissertations and Theses as Open Access

我希望能够获得PQDT论文和论文,而无需成为大学订阅的一部分。对于许多人来说,这将是有益的,使这项研究公开可用作开放访问。

2 投票s
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

3. Data use for research

PQDT has a huge library of dissertations and theses with rich metadata. As a graduate student, I would like to be able to use this data in my research projects, in particular for a text and data mining project. It would be helpful to have a way to search and extract metadata for research purposes.

2 投票s
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

4. 创建一个学位论文主题研究的入门参考书目

When doing a literature review of dissertations and theses on a particular topic, it is difficult to know where to begin. If there were a 'pre-made' bibliography for a particular topic of the most cited references about this topic, I could have a place to start my topic research.

2 投票s
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

5. 单红外禁运驱动器Proquest Embargo限制

As a manager of an IR, I would like to have students to be presented with a single embargo option aligned with the IR policy that would then drive the embargo on the PQ platform.

1 投票
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

6. Justification of paying for PQDT with OA options

As most of the theses are Open Access, I think it becomes harder and harder to justify paying for databases such as these. Base, Core, OpenAire, Ebsco Open Dissertations will yield most of the same results.

1 投票
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

7. 访问ible PDFs in PQDT

PDFs inside PQDT are not ADA or WCAG compliant, so as a native screen reader I am unable to use PQDT for my research. Is there a way to create PDFs that are accessible to screen readers, or a different way of presenting the content within PQDT that is screen reader friendly?

1 投票
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

8. Guided topic search tool

The search page for PQDT is an open line to put in search terms. As a new graduate student doing topic research, I am unsure how to get started on a search. It would be helpful to have a set workflow that I was walked through with prompts to help guide my search (like search categories and terms) so I can have a more efficient and productive workflow.

1 投票
    登入
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as(登出)

• Don't see your idea?

反馈and Knowledge Base